Are you a small business owner? Then why aren’t you online yet?
Here are some interesting stats from a recent CitiBank survey of small business owners and entrepreneurs:
- 81% of entrepreneurs still don’t take advantage of Social Media
- 47% don’t think that Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn are beneficial to their business
- 40% of small businesses don’t have a web site
- 84% don’t provide for e-commerce
- 62% don’t use email marketing
And my favorite -
- Online retailers are acquiring new customers at a 15% annual rate versus 2% for traditional brick and mortar retail outlets. - Deloitte & Touche USA, 11/2009
I will talk more in the future about Radio’s powerful ability to create demand and drive traffic to online destinations, but for now I just want to get you thinking about why it’s important to even BE an online destination.
If you are in business, you have to be available in the places your potential customers are.
A lot of your potential customers are online… where are you?